Routines and General Information
- Assembly is 9.05am. It is important that the children develop the habit of being punctual for school. Children who are in the yard prior to official assembly time are not the responsibility of any member of staff, but are expected to take their place in line. No pupil should arrive later than 9.10am. Any child, who arrives continuously later than the official opening time, may be noted in class records by the class teacher and an explanation from the parents will be requested.
- There is a short break at 10.50am. Lunch break is from 12.30pm until 1.00pm. The children should have a small snack at 10.50am and something more substantial at lunchtime. No child will be allowed home during lunchtime without a written letter, signed by both parents, giving their child permission to leave the school and that they accept all responsibility for the child once he/she leaves the school.
- If a child forgets any item, or one has to be delivered, please leave the item with the Principal and it will be delivered at break time.
- Glass bottles, fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate or any ‘junk foods’ are not allowed on the school premises.
- Junior and Senior Infants are dismissed at 1.50pm. Infants are not allowed to go home unaccompanied. All other pupils are dismissed at 2.50pm
- At 2.50pm pupils are expected to leave the school grounds in an orderly fashion and report home promptly. The school cannot accept responsibility for looking after any children after this time.
- All children should enter the school through the main gates. No child is allowed to cross or walk along the front walls of the school. Children should use their respective doors when entering or leaving the main building of the school.
- In the event of a pupil being absent through illness or any other reason, the class teacher should be informed by note on the pupil’s return to school. If it is anticipated that the absence will be of lengthily duration, the class teacher or Principal should be informed by note or telephone as soon as possible.
- When it is necessary for a pupil to leave school early, a note must be sent to the class teacher. Parents/guardians are asked to call personally to the classroom to collect the child. Any person collecting a child on behalf of the parent will only be permitted to tale the child if the parent has contacted the school beforehand. Please accept that it is only in the interest of the safety of your child that these procedures are in force.
- As sending money into the school, for any reason, would you please place it in an envelope and put the child’s name, class and the date ion the cover.
As the need arises, parents will receive notices with regard to school matters and events. Pleas e ensure that the children keep a special plastic folder or pencil case in their school bags into which such notices can be places.