Resources & Links
- Kinvara in the Past Áitbheo place based learning project by 5th Class 2019.
- Health Promoting School our website detailing our involvement with the Health Promoting Schools Initiative.
- Active School Flag our website detailing our involvement with the Active School Flag programme.
- Discover Primary Science, Maths and Engineering Award 2018-2019 – view our log of evidence for this year’s Discover Primary Science, Maths and Engineering Award
- Stop Fidgeting! created by Ms Murray’s 6th Class 2018. Winner of national START competition.
- We Love Science a website created by Ms Kelly’s 3rd Class detailing science experiments and more.
- Junior Burren Experts a site created by 6th class in 2012 as part of EcoBeo
Links for Students
- Accelerated Reader you will need login details from you teacher to access this site.
- ScoilNet.ie Curriculum-focused resources and activities for students
- Scratch With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations
- Khan Academy
- ScoilNet.ie Education portal of the Department of Education and Science (DES) in Ireland with Curriculum focused resources and support for teachers, students and parents
- Department of Education and Science Information for teachers and parents
- Webwise.ie Online information about the internet for parents and teachers.
Online Safety Information
The Adventures of Kara, Winston and the SMART Crew cartoons illustrate 5 e-safety SMART rules and include a real life SMART Crew of young people, who guide the cartoon characters in their quest, and help them make safe online decisions.
Note you will need Adobe Reader to view these files
- ThinkuKnow Guide to internet safety and safe surfing for young people from Think U Know. Learn about online safety when using blogs, chatting, online gaming, …
- CommonsenseMedia Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
- Social Networking Profile & Privacy Video Clip; recommended for 8 years and up. from CEOPs Thinkuknow education programme that helps children to understand what constitutes personal information. The assembly enables children to understand that they need to be just as protective of their personal information online, as they are in the real world.