Resources & Links
Links for Students
- We Love Science a website created by Ms Kelly’s 3rd Class detailing science experiments and more.
- ScoilNet.ie Curriculum-focused resources and activities for students
- Scratch With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations
- Khan Academy
- Junior Burren Experts a site created by 6th class in 2012 as part of EcoBeo
- Online English\Irish Dictionary
- ScoilNet.ie Education portal of the Department of Education and Science (DES) in Ireland with Curriculum focused resources and support for teachers, students and parents
- Department of Education and Science Information for teachers and parents
- Webwise.ie Online information about the internet for parents and teachers.
Online Safety Information
The Adventures of Kara, Winston and the SMART Crew cartoons illustrate 5 e-safety SMART rules and include a real life SMART Crew of young people, who guide the cartoon characters in their quest, and help them make safe online decisions.
Note you will need Adobe Reader to view these files
- ThinkuKnow Guide to internet safety and safe surfing for young people from Think U Know. Learn about online safety when using blogs, chatting, online gaming, …
- CommonsenseMedia Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
- PCmag Online Magazine with guides to using parental settings and safety settings on popular gaming consoles, Sony PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable (PSP) , Nintendo Wii …
- Social Networking Profile & Privacy Video Clip; recommended for 8 years and up. from CEOPs Thinkuknow education programme that helps children to understand what constitutes personal information. The assembly enables children to understand that they need to be just as protective of their personal information online, as they are in the real world.